Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mebbles joins BMU!

Hi guys!
Mebbles' avatar

   ...I sense confusion; let me elaborate: I have been known as BMU's "anime consultant". There, now I bet some of you hard-core BMU followers and the like have at least some idea of who I am! *Laughs*

   I was huge into anime when each DVD cost about 30 dollars US back around the early 2000's, so I was into pretty new ones at the time. I also was getting some of the older-ish anime from the 90's on DVD for a better price (like some Gundam anime). Currently, I bought the Outlaw Star series and I am having a blast watching it again!

   Besides anime, at heart I am ultra big into video games! I really love the ones that involve awesome technology, space, and all kinds of sci fi goodness. One of my favorite video game franchises is Megaman (or Mega Man or Rockman, however you want to put it) and I am huge into the Megaman X series which takes place after the original Megaman series. The main protagonist in Megaman X is a blue robot guy named X that has human thoughts and emotions. X appears physically and mentally older than the older yet child-like blue robot of the previous series named Megaman (Megaman is often compared to Astro Boy).

More on X from Megaman X can be found here
More on the original Megaman can be found here



   Here is one of my favorite songs of all time that's from Megaman X6 that was made into a video that has spoiler-y visuals and English subtitles:


(The video above isn't made by me)

P.S. - I also have started my very own blog recently. I cover games, toys and post my YouTube videos on it.

My blog can be found here

Edit: I am very happy happy to contribute directly to BMU! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to comment on this post and if I can respond to it, I'll do so!





5 comments:

Beam Me Up said...

Welcome aboard Mebbles! Glad to see you taking a more active posture on the blog and podcast proper. I really hope to hear more input in the coming months. Let me know if you need any help.

pacman

kallamis said...

Have to say, I think my favorite of the old anime music would have to be the original Astro Boy, and Marine Boy.

Beam Me Up said...

Oh my yes, early astro-boy brings back such great memories! Oh I wanted to be that little robot boy...yep I wanted it so bad my teeth hurt!

Mebbles said...

Ok, wow, this discussion lead me to thinking to an anime I watched a few years back (it was a reboot of Astroboy) and it is 5 discs long and going for super cheap at Amazon, so I snagged it up! It's gunna be a blast to watch again!

Beam Me Up said...

Sweet Mebbles, you will have to let us know how the story holds up!