Saturday, April 26, 2014

Earth 2?

Earth 2
Well maybe not a second Earth yet, but it sounds cool none the less. And the best part, we are back to Kepler 186f. Kepler seems to be popping up a lot lately. It has been referred to as an Earth cousin that could have liquid water and is in the habitable zone of its red dwarf star. It is possible conditions could be right for life of some type there.
            This is the first actual Earth sized planet found in the habitable zone of its star.
            This is a must read article, and just too much to put here. Plus it is 2:10 am and I am half asleep as it is. 


I Want Off Of This Planet Again
            Okay, I get it. I know. This is a recurring theme with me. But I have good freaking reasons too. 26% of Americans think that Sol revolves around the Earth. Remember that? Anyway, now we move on to the Big Bang theory.
            “The poll found that 51 percent of respondents question the validity of the Big Bang theory.” That’s all I’m saying on the article. Link at the bottom; I’m off on a rant again.
            It isn’t a problem of questioning something with reason. This is simply another case of people not understanding the basic concepts of science or theory, or like someone once said. “I don’t understand science, so I don’t believe in it.” And most the place cheered him. You know people. That is like saying you don’t understand how the inner workings of telephone circuitry works, so you don’t use one.  
            How do I describe my disgust at what is happening lately. And do it in such a way as to keep it clean, and get my point across. Ahh, I have it. Imagine being the center of a three part human centipede, (Universe help me, I saw the first one), and the one in front is being fed laxative laced food.
            There, I think that about describes my feelings on this matter.
            I have a great idea. Let’s transform Maine into a technocratic society. Everyone that agrees with advancing science at something other than a controlled snail’s pace come with us, or stay there. Everyone else get out. Take NASA and all other tech, computer, bio, etc research with us, and we can handle all research and advancement in all areas of science. Including aquaponics and avoid having to buy from the outside. Then if they don’t want it, they don’t need to have it. But we can still use it then. Seriously, I think people have lost their freaking minds anymore. So I have the right to go bonkers in my direction if I want to.
So if anyone out there has a lot of money to blow, here’s the ad.
Mad scientist in training available for temporary position as Lunatic Leader. Pay negotiable; assorted fish and Basmati rice mandatory. Available immediately. Maybe sooner.

            Lunatic Leader is right. 2:48 am, and now I woke myself up in irritation. Time for a feckin tea and a round of poker. Now people I don’t even know are waking me up.  

No comments: