Monday, September 02, 2013

!# Worst SF / Horror Movie Titles


Xnewsman sent me in this hilarious article from Time / Entertainment that concerns some less than thought out or just wrong movie titles from SF & Horror. 

Here are the titles, but you really should read the copy and the poster pics.--

From the article here :
  • Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)
  • The Astro-Zombies (1968)
  • The Incredibly Strange CreatureWho Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?
  • The Brain That Wouldn’t Die (1959)
  • Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959)
  • Orgy of the Dead (1965)
  • Frankenstein Conquers the World (1966)
  • Robot Monster (1953)
  • Sssssss (1973)
  • Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (1977)
  • I Dismember Mama (1974)
  • Attack of the Puppet People (1958)
  • House II: The Second Story (1987)
You just have to say, "What were these people thinking?"  Really, read the copy from Time, it is just
a hoot!



2 comments:

kallamis said...

I will refrain from that article until after I have commented on this. For the simple reason that if I read it first, my response I am quite sure would never be able to be put up on any site.
House 2: The Second Story
One of the best horror comedies there ever was. B movie at best, and still great. John Ratzenberger (Cliff Clavin on Cheers), as an Adventurer electrician, crystal skull, House that greater than any temple and doesn't know time or space or any of that hogwash (according to Gramps) and has a barking dinosaur worm, and a baby pterodactyl as part of the main cast and protagonists DOES NOT BELONG ON THIS LIST.
I won't even go on about some of the others, one being so horrible it is actually has a cult following that will beat your behind if you insult it wrongly, though correctly is just peachy as it is the worst sci-fi movie ever made which gives it a place in the annals of greatness.
Whoever wrote this article could open a cupboard door, look inside, and have it pointed out to them, "Look, it's a prehistoric bird", and they would see a bloody box of cereal.
These are the people with the great intelligence, that if offered a choice between a rusted out cut off Pinto wagon that was used for manure hauling and the Mach 5 would take the Pinto wagon.
To the idiots that came up[ with this list, I have a gift for you.
SPECIAL BEAM CANNON.
Or if you prerfer, (Makankosappo(both o's should have a line over them but don't know how to do that) meaning leterally "Demonic Piercing Light Murder Gun." (And yeah, I know, a couple other translations as well).
Thanks Piccolo.
Bloody fecking smegheads. I take that back. Both those generic terms(from Father Ted and Red Dwarf) are too good for these people,(term used in the loosest possible manner here).
Okay, shutting up now. And going up and digging my House 2 out of the boxes just so I can watch it again now.
And I watched most the rest of these on Saturday late night, or Saturday afternoon with Super Host (he was the host of the local Cleveland Saturday afternoon sci-fi horror movies when I was a kid growing up).
You put this up here just to get a rise out me didn't you? (Use anime style screaming voice on that line).

kallamis said...

Worm should be centipede style thing, showing how peed I already am at this. Any other mistakes blame on not proofreading due to wanting to slap the s$%# out of someone, or multiple someones. In other words, I am not correcting or explaining any more ignorant mistakes due to you know.