Sunday, September 08, 2013

BMU episode 376 now online!



In this weeks program episode 376, I start with a discussion on science and a note from listener Nelson concerning how computers have changed since we were in high school and working on the
"trash" 80s from Tandy.  Boy I used to hang out in Radio Shack just to see the computers...and maybe touch one! lol anyway this leads me into my first "review" of the afternoon.

I watched "Escape From New York" again this weekend mostly to see some of the special effects and just to see what tech Carpenter thought might endure towards the closing years of the 20th century.  The movie is certainly a time capsule on so many levels, plus it gave me an excuse to play the theme song of the movie.

I try my hand at some Star Trek Trivia, some interesting facts from "The Corbomite Maneuver"

And in an effort to catch up with some of the material I just couldn't get to last week, I play the newest offering from Symphony of Science which features Morgan Freeman and of course Neal DeGrasse Tyson...you know you want to hear Monsters of the Cosmos!

From the BMU Blog Kallamus memoans the loss of the Kepler Space Telescope and the overall reaction to the loss of a great platform.  Next, new findings show that Voyager may have in fact
left the solar sytem....NASA says no, but others say yes....

Finally a new chapter in the Trathh series....Against the Empire.

That's about it!  Enjoy!

No comments: