Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wearable Tech: Pattie Maes demos "the 6th sense"

Steve M. sends in a great video reminiscent of "Minority Report" that deals with wearable technology capable of interacting with the wearer in real time and imparting useful information and communications about our surroundings. The argument here is that the tech does nothing more revolutionary than your present cell-phone. However in truth, the cell is not real time. One must stop and interface with the device. But if your tech were real time, gave you functions, features and information pertinent to your environment and was interfaced with natural gestures, you start to see where these researchers are heading and what our near future tech will operate like.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so impressed I am actually speechless. I am also annoyed that I have no one to share how cool that is with.

Beam Me Up said...

boy do I hear that!

The whole concept is so interesting...the tech is there and the information, just getting them together in real time is the name of the game.

"excuse me, while I whip this out" should be relegated back to the ....well you know what I mean. lol