Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Jericho Struggling?


What is it about Jericho? I know I pounded on it a bit in it's first season for what appeared to be soup opera type plot lines. Other than that, I was a faithful fan until it returned from hiatus. Now, do you think I can set through a complete episode? Nope..... Oh I got the jist, new government coming in, may or may not be legit, the whole "attack" may have been a complete inside job, several of the main characters risk being discovered for this or that infringement... and so on. Not one part of that led me to think Jericho might be worth spending 10 more minutes with. Which is strange, because Jericho is clearly one of the better shows being offered on any of the networks. The machinations just are not holding me and that seems to be what was happening to it's last episode. Which seems to be the same with quite a few watchers. Mike Hinman at SyFy Portal reports that Jericho lost 9% of it's audience on it recent episode, turning in one of the lowest weeks yet. I certainly am not panning the show, but for me, it's once too many times back to the same well.

Read Michael Hinman's post on SyFy Portal


Paul Goebel on TVSquad blog
had some interesting observations on some Jericho "Oversights" as well.

No comments: